Established in 1963, Atscott has provided high-quality machined, fabricated and assembled products and services to customers for over 60 years. We offer complete part, product, subassembly, and assembly capabilities. From prototyping, to warehousing, shipping, scheduling and packaging – we’re your ONE-STOP manufacturing shop.
Located in Pine City, MN – a certified Hub Zone – we serve customers in the Twin-Cities metro area, across the entire state of Minnesota, numerous locations within the United States, and worldwide. At Atscott, we support a wide variety of industries and organizations.
Since our beginnings in 1963, Atscott Manufacturing has been a family business. Following sale, relocation and closure of the Scott-Atwater Outboard Motor Company, Atscott was organized as a contract manufacturer by a small group of enterprising individuals with a diverse skill set acquired over decades of marine equipment manufacturing.
Led by Manley Norris, operations began in what was previously the Pine City Creamery building. Atscott grew throughout the 1960s and 1970s, continuing progress in the 1980s and beyond under the leadership of John Norris. Expansion in 1988 to the current location, and additional square footage added in 1997 and 2020, were completed to meet the needs of our customers.
Today, Atscott remains in family ownership and is a family-orientated organization. Many of our team members are 2nd and 3rd generation employees, and the Norris Family remains active in the organization.
Our Mission & Guiding Principles
At Atscott, our mission is to provide high-quality, American-Made products and services at very competitive rates. Constant continuous improvement processes in our manufacturing practices allow for consistent and competitive pricing.
This mission is supported by the following guiding principles:
- People are our most valuable asset. We strive for equal and fair opportunities, a safe workplace, and personal growth through continuing education.
- We will be responsible to the needs of our customers. We will continue to provide direct support, flexibility, and diversity of operations to meet our customers’ changing requirements.
- We will be a valued member of our community by providing competitive employment opportunities, supporting community activities, and providing for a clean and safe environment both inside and outside the workplace.
- Teamwork is essential to our success. We will foster a team environment between customers, employees and suppliers.
Our team at Atscott, experienced in metal fabrication, machining, painting, stamping, and assembling all forms of manufactured parts and assemblies, is committed to meeting your requirements on each and every order. We subscribe to lean methodology, utilize KANBAN systems, direct ship, and dock to stock practices to serve customer needs efficiently, effectively, and at a reasonable cost with reliable lead times.
We are proud to have the following certifications.
Atscott Mfg. Inc. is located in Pine City, Minnesota. Our 66,500 sq. ft. machining and fabrication facility, and 19,800 sq. ft. assembly, packaging, and warehouse facilities, are fully-equipped to handle your most complex machining or product assembly project.
Here is a partial list of the cutting-edge equipment we utilize:
- 3 Daewoo Horizontal DHP 5500,12000 RPM Spindle
- Daewoo Horizontal HP 5100 II,12000 RPM Spindle
- 1 Mitsubishi Horizontal M-H50D, 6000 RPM
- 1 Akari/Seiki Horizontal HS-450I, 6-Pallet Configuration
- 1 Nigata SPN63 Horizontal
- 2 Haas VF2 SS Vertical
- 1 CNC Matsuura 760 VDC Vertical Dual Spindles
- 1 CNC YCM SuperMax NXV 1680A Vertical1 Fadal VMC 4020 Vertical
- 1 Daewoo DMV-400 Vertical Rotating Pallet
- 1 Super Max Rebel 1
- 1 Mitsubishi Vertical MV-60E
- 4 Super Max XV Series 1250A Vertical
- 1 Super Max XV Series FV 125A Extended Length Vertical
- 1 Doosan DNM 400A Vertical
- 1 OKK HMC400
- 3 Daewoo Puma V400 M Vertical Lathe, Live Tools
- 1 Daewoo Puma 250 With SMW Bar Feeder
- 1 Hwacheon Hi-Tech 450
- 1 Nakamura Turning Center, Methods Slant 3, Live Tools
- 1 Hwacheon Cutex 240B SMC, Live Tools, Auto Feed
- 1 Hwacheon Hi-Tech 200 B
- 1 Takisawa (Taiwan) EX-310 (Live Tooling)
- 1 Tsugami NU44-2 Double Spindle, Sub Spindle, Live Tools
Metal Fabrication Equipment
- OMAX Waterjet
- Amada Vipros 255 22 ton
- Amada 8’ 80 Ton Press Brake
- DiAcro 20 Ton CNC Press Brake
- Cincinnati 10/10 Shear (10 foot, 10 gauge)
- Spot Welder- 220 Volt, 50 KVA
- 3 Weld Stations, Tig & Mig: Aluminum, Stainless, & Steel, Spot Weld
- 20 to 65 Ton Punch Presses
Metal Finishing Equipment
- 5 Stage Phosphate Wash System
- Powder & Electrostatic Paint Systems
- Complete Multi-Color Anodizing and Silk-screening Available
Assembly & Packaging Equipment
- Automatic Splicing
- Soldering Tools
- Brazing Tables
- Carousel Parts Delivery Systems
- JIT Storage & Direct Shipping
Inspection & Miscellaneous
- Micro VU SOL 311 CMM Vision System
- Zeiss CMM
- Numerex CMM
- Complete Set of Traceable & Controlled Inspection Equipment
- Surface Grinder, Thompson 8 x 24
- DiArco Bender, Roll Form, Tube Benders, etc.
- Marvel 2150-PC60 Automated Index Cut-off Saw
- Messma-Kelch Electronic Tool Pre-setter
Pride out here in the Pines
We are thankful for the community of great people here in Pine City and the surrounding area. Atscott has a great team that makes things happen; our people are our greatest resource. We are a proud supporter of Pine City’s own Pine Technical and Community College, enjoying a closed decades-long partnership and participation on the college’s Foundation Board.
Continued investment in our employees through on-the-job training, and education opportunities utilizing our close partnership with the local Pine Technical and Community College, is something we regard with great importance. Many of our managers within the company started out as operators or assemblers, learning and growing with Atscott.
Join us today to start utilizing the many opportunities we have available to those looking for a rewarding career in manufacturing!